Whispbar S1 Base Rack - Whispbar For Bare Roof
The award winning Whispbar S1 base rack employs 750mm (29.5 inches) flush bars, giving your vehicle a quiet, solid, OEM style roof rack. The S1 from Yakima is preassembled, and requires a fit kit specific to your vehicle.
- Aerodynamic design results in almost no wind noise
- Preassembly of the major system components is done at the factory, making installation on your vehicle a breeze
- Locks are included
- Typical weight limit of 165 pounds, but may be less for your vehicle. Consult the fit guide
- The innovative Smartfoot system adapts and transfers simply to virtually any vehicle, making it easy and inexpensive to reuse your S1 system on a different vehicle
- Compatible with Thule and Yakima accessories made to attach to 'factory bars', along with other Thule accessories using the XADAPT9 (sold separately), or with other Yakima accessories using the Horizontal MightyMount 32H (sold separately)
- Includes 2 x 750mm aluminum bars, 4 Smartfeet, 4 rubber pads, instructions and tools required to complete assembly
- A Yakima Whispbar fit kit, specific to your vehicle, is required to complete the base rack system
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 10.8 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745501013
To watch our Whispbar S1 Base Rack Product Video, click here.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
To download the Whispbar S1 Base Rack Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Whispbar S1 Base Rack Reviews
Ericrated this item 4 out of 5 on 1/2/2012:
I have had this rack for about 1.5 years and I really like it. Two negatives - the rubber feet did not mate completely with the rack supports when the fit kit straps were tightened. This is because of the drainage bars on my roof. Their customer service was great when I contacted them about it initially. With the design of the rubber it could not be mated better unless you played around with the feet position (i did not do it). The gaps don't cause whistling though. Negative No. 2 is whispbar is advertised on all 4 rack supports (2 would have been sufficient parallel to the bars where it is not so obvious). The rack is quiet, as advertised, and I think it actually makes my car drive better than before.
Browse Whispbar's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 9MB PDF Download)