Yakima FatCat 6 Black - Yakima Ski and Snowboard Racks
The Yakima FatCat 6 Black is the top-of-the-line snow rack that features great aerodynamics, locks for complete security, and now comes in a premium mirror black finish. The Yakima FatCat 6 can easily handle 6 pairs of fatty skis or 4 snowboards.
- Safely handles six pairs of fat skis or four snowboards, or a combination of the two
- Premium mirror black finish and low profile automotive form to enhance your automobile
- Mounting hardware with over-molded stainless steel strap fits securely onto most factory and aerodynamic crossbars
- Snap-around hardware included for a sleek profile on Yakima round bars, or square aftermarket crossbars
- DoubleJoint hinge system accommodates modern fat skis and snowboards
- Integrated ski lift allows additional rooftop clearance for snowboards for tall ski bindings
- SKS Lock Cores included, for total security
- Simple, super fast, tool-free installation
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 14.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745030889
To watch our Yakima FatCat 6 Black Product Video, click here.
To download the Yakima FatCat 6 Black Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Yakima FatCat 6 Black Questions
asked on 8/10/2013:
Vehicle: 2006 Nissan Altima 4dr
New Fatcat 6 Question: So with the old models you used a screw and nut to attach to the existing cross bar. I see that the New fatcat 6 is just a tab that attaches to the crossbar. How, if any, does this add to security. To me it seams if someone wants to walk by my vehicle and flip two tabs on each ski rack, (5 seconds) and take them off, it seams fairly easy to do so. Tell me if im wrong
You're 100% correct in the fact that it is much easier to detach the new Fatcat from the crossbars. Like the other, the way to be sure that your rack is locked onto your car is to lock the rack when it is not being used. The attachment points are in the interior of the rack so when it is locked there will be no way to get at it.
asked on 12/13/2012:
Is this fatcat 6 the newest all black version? Your video has the old one with red ends on it.
Yes, the newest FatCats are all black - including the ends. The Yakima logos are still red.
I hope this helps!
- Rack Attack Boston - 508.879.1444
Wondering what Yakima racks fit your vehicle or if this product is compatible with your current rack? Use the Interactive Yakima Fit Guide and enter your vehicle information to find your match!
Yakima proudly backs all of its products with a "Love It Till You Leave It" Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Browse Yakima's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 12MB PDF Download)