Yakima DoubleDown Ace 2 - Yakima Hitch Mount Bike Racks
Yakima is upping the ante with the Yakima DoubleDown Ace 2 Hitch Bike Carrier. In addition to all the great features of the original DoubleDown 2, they've added tool-free installation, integrated hitch lock and a new paint job.
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Compatible with 2" and 1.25" (class 1, 2 or 3) hitch receivers right out of the box
- SpeedKnob attaches the rack to your car quickly and without tools. For added security, SpeedKnob also locks the rack to your car
- Optional ArmLock (sold separately) locking cable to provide security for your bikes
- Tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- TRIGGERFINGER technology lets you fold arms down with the press of a button
- Sliding SWITCHBLADE anti-sway cradles eliminates bike-to-bike contact and improve ease of loading
- Use with TUBETOP (sold separately) to carry bikes without straight top tubes
- Integrated bottle openers
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently Not Available
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 36.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745024505
To download the Yakima DoubleDown Ace 2 Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Yakima DoubleDown Ace 2 Reviews
Trekerrated this item 5 out of 5 on 4/4/2013:
The rack has performed well on 2 -1700 mile round trips we've taken since 1-1-13 hauling my Trek Hybrid. May review it again when we add my grandson's Specialized mountain bike for the trip to North Texas in August.
Silversvsrated this item 4 out of 5 on 8/23/2012:
Drove at freeway speeds for 400 miles and it performed well. Very stable with no sway. Only issue noted was that the single cradle tended to slide forward on the arm. The locking lever seemed to work loose. The switchblade cradle stayed secure, so the bike became twisted. Had to adjust the cradles at every stop.
nykash7rated this item 5 out of 5 on 7/5/2012:
This product is light weight, sturdy, strong, very user friendly and very good looking. In addition, this product is made out of latest technology in terms of materials and mechanism. Install and uninstall process is a breeze. No sway at all if you are considering long travels. This is notch up as compare to its competitors.
Use the Yakima Hitch Comparison Chart to see which hitch class and receiver size fit your Yakima hitch rack.
Wondering what Yakima racks fit your vehicle or if this product is compatible with your current rack? Use the Interactive Yakima Fit Guide and enter your vehicle information to find your match!
Yakima proudly backs all of its products with a "Love It Till You Leave It" Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Browse Yakima's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 8MB PDF Download)