Thule 970 Helium - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 970 Helium is an ultra-light aluminum hitch rack bike carrier that is nearly half the weight of a traditional bike carrier. The Thule 970 Helium makes installation and removal easier and safely carries two bicycles behind your vehicle.
- Holds up to two bikes
- No-tool installation, simply load into the hitch receiver and tighten receiver knob
- Narrow cradle arms hold a wider range of bike frames including smaller children's frames
- T3 Cradles hold bikes in place for maximum frame protection and stability
- Patented No-Sway Cage prevents bike-to-bike contact
- Hitch Switch lever tilts carrier from vehicle for trunk, hatch, or tailgate access
- Includes integrated locking cable and receiver lock knob to secure bikes to hitch rack and hitch rack to vehicle
- Hitch adapter included to accommodate 1 1/4" or 2" receivers, no accessory purchase required
- Bike arms fold down when not in use or for storage
- The Helium will not fit a Class I hitch made by Hidden Hitch, Drawtite, or Reese without modification
- For all 1 1/4" hitches, Helium stinger foot must be able to extend 2 5/8" from center of pin hole into receiver hitch without obstruction
- Models: 970 2 bike; fits both 1.25" or 2" receivers 971 3 bike; fits both 1.25" or 2" receivers
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently On Order
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 21.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021970175
To watch our Thule 970 Helium Product Video, click here.
To download the Thule 970 Helium Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 7MB PDF Download)