Thule 9027 Apex Swing - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 9027 Apex Swing is Thule's new premium swing-away hitch rack that combines security, convenience and revolutionary new cradles with Road Dampening Technology (RDT) making it the most complete hitch rack on the market.
- 4 bike capacity
- Swing-away design allows a fully loaded hitch rack to swing away from the vehicle for rear of vehicle access
- Hold Fast RDT (Road Dampening Technology) Cradles absorb the shock of the road, thus protecting your bike during transport
- Snug-Tite receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Arc design of the arms gives bikes greater clearance off the ground and provides greater distance between bikes preventing contact
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- Patented No-Sway to prevent bike to bike contact - now designed with rubber bumpers for frame protection
- Heavy-duty integrated lock allows you to lock your bikes to the rack and store your bikes on the hitch rack when not in use
- Hitch Switch allows the arms to fold down when not in use
- Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
- Fits 2" receivers only
- No-tool installation, simply load into the hitch receiver, then tighten & lock the receiver knob
- Non-standard bike frames without a top cross bar may require the use of a frame adapter (sold separately)
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 57.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021508910
To download the Thule 9027 Apex Swing Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 9027 Apex Swing Questions
asked on 5/29/2012:
Vehicle: 2008 Chevrolet Express
Is the Thule Apex 9027 is the best choice for our vehicule a small VR built on a chevrolet Express chassis? We want to be able to open the two rear doors at 90 degrees
As long as your vehicle has a 2 inch hitch it is an excellent option. The Apex Swing is the only swing away rack that features toolless installation to take the rack on and off the vehicle. It also comes with locks to lock it to the hitch and lock the bikes on. Overall I would say it is overall the best rack currently on the market.
asked on 5/3/2012:
Vehicle: 2008 Mazda CZ-9
I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between the 9027 Apex Swing and the 9031 Vertex Swing.
They appear to be basically the same but there is a large difference in weight and price. Would you be able to explain what the differences are?
Which is the newer model?
both racks are brand new models from Thule, their are a few major differences. The Apex is higher end and comes with a cable lock for the bikes and a "toolless locking" feature at the base to make it easy on/off and lock to your hitch. Lastly the Apex has upgraded cradles that are softer and nicer to your bike's frame and paint etc.
The swing mechanism and frame of the racks are identical.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 7MB PDF Download)