FINAL SALE : Thule 897XT Hullavator - Thule Kayak Racks
The Thule 897XT Hullavator lifts up to 40lbs of the kayak's weight. The Thule 897XT Hullavator features waist level, side-of-vehicle, versus overhead, loading/unloading for an easier, safer and less strenuous way to load and unload your kayak
- Final Sale items are fully covered by the manufacturer warranty but are not subject to our return policy and may not come in the original packaging. All items are inspected to ensure all parts are present and that item is in like-new condition.
- Gas assist struts allow a single person to load and unload the kayak
- Double-extending arms lower kayak by up to 40 inches for a faster loading and unloading
- Eight touch points of padded support provide maximum conformity and protection for your kayak
- Aluminum and double-coated steel construction for long, corrosion-resistant product life
- Accommodates kayaks up to 36 inches wide and 75lbs
- Includes all straps to transport one kayak; Two load straps with padded buckles and two ratcheting bow/stern ropes
- Add security with 2 Thule SKS lock cylinders
- Fits Thule square, Aeroblade (requires adapter 7521383001), Xsporter, rapid aero, professional series bars, and Yakima round bars
- Not compatible with AeroBlade Edge bars
Stock Status : Currently On Order
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 41.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021897571
To watch our FINAL SALE : Thule 897XT Hullavator Product Video, click here.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
To download the FINAL SALE : Thule 897XT Hullavator Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
FINAL SALE : Thule 897XT Hullavator Reviews
Sunnyrated this item 2 out of 5 on 6/26/2014:
Hullavator works well enough but the two arms need to be close enough to grab the releases with both hands at the same time and the Hullavator weighs 40 lbs. and Thule has maximum load limit per side of roof rack of 82.5 pounds so only a 40 lb. kayak can be mounted without voiding the Thule warranty.
Michigan Markrated this item 5 out of 5 on 2/22/2014:
Back again, Michigan Mark. Quickie- Still have the 2 Hullavators. Still work great. (Read previous reviews). 59 yrs old mechanical engineer. I appreciate a fine design. Getting pricey, but you can amortize the cost over years I have owned to evaluate their worth.
bordergalrated this item 5 out of 5 on 3/24/2013:
The Hullavator has made all the difference in my life. As a relatively small woman, it has given me the freedom to load and unload my kayak without assistance. One of the best purchases I ever made. Whenever people see me using the Hullavator, they rush over excitedly. They can't believe how easy it is to operate.
FINAL SALE : Thule 897XT Hullavator Questions
asked on 1/10/2013:
Vehicle: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have a Jackson Big Tuna Kayak and the weight is 87 w/0 Seat and Tank. Will this be a problem for the Hullavator?
The maximum weight recommended by Thule for their Hullavator is 75lbs. I would not recommend putting an 87lbs. kayak on there.
asked on 9/6/2012:
Vehicle: 1998 Subaru Outback Wagon
Will the Thule hullavator work with Yakima base rack?
The Hullavator will work perfectly on a Yakima round bar base rack system. Give me a call with any further questions.
asked on 7/28/2012:
How far above the bars does the Hullavator extend?
It's about 16"-17" above the bar at the highest point. Feel free to call me with any further questions.
Peter in Minneapolis
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Compare the various Thule water sport carriers with this handy Kayak, Canoe, and Surf carrier comparison chart.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.