The NV 2.0 is the top of the line for tray-style racks. It's loaded with features and quality-made. I'm extremely happy with this product. The price is about 30% higher than Thule or Yakima products in this category, but it is very difficult to compare other tray-style racks to the NV 2.0. The construction, materials, and finish provide a longer-lasting product. But it's the features that set this rack apart from the competitors including:
- Smooth action: All of the parts move with precision. No catching, clunking, sticking, or grinding!
- The integrated locks. They're much easier to use being on a cable
- The anti-rattle mechanism is the best on the market and by far the easiest to use
- The foot-pedal latch to lower or raise the rack
- The built-in bike repair stand is neat but not super practical
I own a Thule T2 Pro system but we upgraded to the Kuat rack for my wife's vehicle as it is so much easier to operate.