Whispbar S46 Base Rack - Whispbar For Factory Rails
The award winning Whispbar S46 base rack employs adjustable 1040mm (41 inches) to 1140mm (45 inches) flush bars, giving your vehicle a quiet, solid, OEM style roof rack. The S46 from Yakima is preassembled.
- Aerodynamic design results in almost no wind noise
- Preassembly of the major system components is done at the factory, making installation on your vehicle a breeze
- Locks are included
- Typical weight limit of 165 pounds, but may be less for your vehicle. Consult the fit guide
- The innovative Smartfoot system adapts and transfers simply to virtually any vehicle, making it easy and inexpensive to reuse your S46 system on a different vehicle
- Compatible with Thule and Yakima accessories made to attach to 'factory bars', along with other Thule accessories using the XADAPT9 (sold separately), or with other Yakima accessories using the Horizontal MightyMount 32H (sold separately)
- Includes 2 x 1040mm-1140mm adjustable aluminum bars, 4 Smartfeet, 4 rubber pads, instructions and tools required to complete assembly
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 12.1 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745504090
To download the Whispbar S46 Base Rack Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Whispbar S46 Base Rack Reviews
Jeff Roberts rated this item 5 out of 5 on 12/26/2013:
Installed these racks on my factory side rails and by themselves they look like a factory cross rails. Then I installed the Yakima FATCAT 6 Ski racks and it is a fabulous looking installation and really quiet. You can tilt the sunroof with the ski bindings up but if you carry the skis back to back you have to leave the sunroof untitled but can open it. Great combination that doesn't destroy the appearance of your X5. This is my 3rd setup from Rack Attack and will be back in the future.
luke rated this item 3 out of 5 on 8/1/2011:
The fit and finish of this product is fantastic, however, the s46 bars state they can extended to 50 inches. fully extended tip to tip they measure out at 47.5". So otherwise not being as long as advertised, and therefor not working. they otherwise look and mount great.
Browse Whispbar's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 9MB PDF Download)