Whispbar S16 Base Rack - Whispbar For Bare Roof
The award winning Whispbar S16 base rack employs 1190mm (47 inches) through bars, giving your vehicle a quiet, solid, OEM style roof rack. The S16 from Yakima is preassembled, and requires a fit kit specific to your vehicle.
- Aerodynamic design results in almost no wind noise
- Preassembly of the major system components is done at the factory, making installation on your vehicle a breeze
- Locks are included
- Typical weight limit of 165 pounds, but may be less for your vehicle. Consult the fit guide
- The innovative Smartfoot system adapts and transfers simply to virtually any vehicle, making it easy and inexpensive to reuse your S16 system on a different vehicle
- Compatible with Thule and Yakima accessories made to attach to 'factory bars', along with other Thule accessories using the XADAPT9 (sold separately), or with other Yakima accessories using the Horizontal MightyMount 32H (sold separately)
- Includes 2 x 1190mm aluminum bars, 4 Smartfeet, 4 rubber pads, instructions and tools required to complete assembly
- A Yakima Whispbar fit kit, specific to your vehicle, is required to complete the base rack system
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 12.1 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745507039
To watch our Whispbar S16 Base Rack Product Video, click here.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
To download the Whispbar S16 Base Rack Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Whispbar S16 Base Rack Reviews
JOSHrated this item 4 out of 5 on 1/11/2013:
Installation instructions left a little to be desired, but figured it out. Mounts solidly to roof, no whistling, but not "whisper quiet". You hear some wind noise, which isn't obnoxious, but the light sound of thundering/turbulence was much more pronounced than without a roof rack. I took it off and will put on when I need to transport something. Overall like the look & fit, but not as quiet as I had hoped.
Browse Whispbar's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 9MB PDF Download)