Yakima Mako Saddles with Tie Down - Yakima Kayak Racks
Yakima Mako Saddles are designed for stability and protection of sea kayaks, recreational and whitewater boats. Mako Saddles are sold in pairs so you can make a set with HullyRollers, sold separately, or by ordering another pair of Makos Saddles.
- Includes 2 Saddles, Bow/Stern Tie Down Strap to complete kayak stability
- Form-fitting cradle conforms to any hull shape
- Boat slides on and off easily
- Dynaflex pads feature a soft flexibility to grip the boat hull
- Tightening strap gives you complete control over the level of grip
- Sold in pairs to provide options for Makos and HullyRollers
- Padded buckle protects your boat and your vehicle
- Includes Mako anti-scuff pads to provide superior protection of your hull
- Installs on to both Thule square and Yakima round bars out of the box
- Also compatible with factory crossbars with the purchase of MightMounts, sold separately
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 2.8 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745040376
To watch our Yakima Mako Saddles with Tie Down Product Video, click here.
To download the Yakima Mako Saddles with Tie Down Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Yakima Mako Saddles with Tie Down Reviews
Mike rated this item 5 out of 5 on 7/16/2011:
These saddles securely hold my 17 foot kayak. The flexible sides form well to the walls and the straps are easy to attach.
lattelady rated this item 4 out of 5 on 6/1/2010:
Hulley rollers & Mako saddles are the only way to go. I am 5'5" tall and my Xterra is high. With the rollers I simply lift the bow of my 55 lb. kayak onto the rollers, push in place and tie down. Other racks require 2 people to lift and position. A little extra padding to protect boat would be a suggestion.
paulsax rated this item 2 out of 5 on 4/9/2009:
If you have a composite kayak you MUST get the extra and expensive pads. No matter what Yakima says the makos will scratch your gelcoat.
Wondering what Yakima racks fit your vehicle or if this product is compatible with your current rack? Use the Interactive Yakima Fit Guide and enter your vehicle information to find your match!
Yakima proudly backs all of its products with a "Love It Till You Leave It" Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Yakima for you means a smaller carbon footprint for the earth. Read about how Yakima is doing its part with the Yakima Payback Program.
Compare the various Yakima water sport carriers with this handy Kayak, Canoe, and Surf carrier comparison chart.
Browse Yakima's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 12MB PDF Download)