FINAL SALE : Yakima Mako Aero Saddles - Yakima Kayak Racks
The Yakima Mako Aero with Tie Down is sold as a pair and combined with Hullyrollers or another pair of Yakima Mako Aero saddles provides a complete kayak carrying solution. The Yakima Mako Aero fits factory, Yakima, and Thule bars out of the box.
- Final Sale items are fully covered by the manufacturer warranty but are not subject to our return policy and may not come in the original packaging. All items are inspected to ensure all parts are present and that item is in like-new condition.
- Form-fitting cradle fits any hull shape
- Dyanflex pads flex to grip the boat hull securely
- Integrated rubber pad in center of saddle allows kayak to slide when strap is loose, then grips hull securely when straps are tightened
- Padded buckles protect your boat and your vehicle
- Includes 2 Saddles, one bow/stern tie-down strap and one heavy duty strap for complete kayak stability
- Lockable with Yakima SKS lock cylinders, sold separately
- Combine with Yakima Hullyrollers or another pair of Yakima Mako Aero saddles to complete
- Fits Yakima round bars, Thule square, Thule Aero, and most factory crossbars right out of the box
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 6.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745040444
To watch our FINAL SALE : Yakima Mako Aero Saddles Product Video, click here.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
To download the FINAL SALE : Yakima Mako Aero Saddles Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
FINAL SALE : Yakima Mako Aero Saddles Reviews
Sea Kayaker 69rated this item 5 out of 5 on 1/16/2011:
Bought these a few years ago for transporting my 18 foot sea kayak. These racks are very secure - I rarely use the nose and tail tie downs - comform to my hull exeptionally well, and offer a bit of cushion to my boat on the rough roads. I highly recommend these for transport. They are a little pricey in that you have to buy 2 sets, but well worth the investment.
FINAL SALE : Yakima Mako Aero Saddles Questions
2012 Honda pilot
asked on 8/15/2012:
Vehicle: 2012 Honda Pilot
Will this work for 2012 Honda pilot?
2012 Honda Pilot,
If you have factory crossbars, then the Mako Aero Saddles will fit.
Thanks, Rack Attack Boston
asked on 4/22/2012:
Vehicle: 2012 subaru outback
Will these work on a 2012 Outback?
They should work just fine! Make sure you get two sets if you don't have any other saddles (this product Includes 2 Saddles, one bow/stern tie-down strap and one heavy duty strap for complete kayak stability.) Feel free to call with any further questions.
Peter in Minneapolis
asked on 2/1/2012:
Vehicle: 2012 Subaru Outback
What is the safe minimum distance separation front to back that the saddles should be installed for carrying a sea kayak?
The minimum bar spread for the Mako Aero Saddles is 24"
Thanks, Rack Attack
Wondering what Yakima racks fit your vehicle or if this product is compatible with your current rack? Use the Interactive Yakima Fit Guide and enter your vehicle information to find your match!
Yakima proudly backs all of its products with a "Love It Till You Leave It" Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Compare the various Yakima water sport carriers with this handy Kayak, Canoe, and Surf carrier comparison chart.
Browse Yakima's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 8MB PDF Download)