Yakima HitchSki - Yakima Ski and Snowboard Racks
If you have a mast-style hitch bike rack the Yakima HitchSki can haul up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards while your bikes are hibernating for the winter. The Yakima HitchSki is simple to install and use.
- Carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- 2 position upper arms, adjustable lower arm
- Soft, flexible rubber padding to protect your skis and snowboards
- Fits most dual arm hitch mount carriers
- Includes Yakima SKS lock cores to secure your gear
- Requires a hitch bike rack for mounting
- Yakima Deadlock completes security by locking the rack to your vehicle, sold separately
- Fits most dual arm hitch carriers including the SwingDaddy, FlipSide, DoubleDown 4 & 5, KingPin 4 & 5, BigHorn 4, BackSwing 4, SlickROC 4, and the FullSwing 4
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 22.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 736745024185
To watch our Yakima HitchSki Product Video, click here.
To download the Yakima HitchSki Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Yakima HitchSki Questions
asked on 12/13/2011:
Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unl. 4 door
Does this accessory have some sort of bolt system to secure to bike rack? Seems kind of silly to have the arm locks if someone can just come along and take those rubber straps off and walk away with the whole bit?
You are correct that without locks the Yakima HitchSki can be removed quite quickly. Locks are not required to make any of the Yakima products work, they're there to help deter theft and give people peace of mind. As such, the HitchSki includes locks that lock your skis to the carrier.
The Yakima HitchSki can be locked to your Yakima bike rack you just need to have a bike carrier like the Yakima Swingdaddy or FlipSide, which include an integrated locking cable that can lock the HitchSki to the bike carrier. Alternatively if you own the Yakima DoubleDown 4 or 5 you can purchase something called the Yakima Deadlock that turns a non-locking bike rack into a locking bike rack. Again, the locking cable will lock the HitchSki (or your bikes) to your Yakima hitch mounted bike carrier.
Wondering what Yakima racks fit your vehicle or if this product is compatible with your current rack? Use the Interactive Yakima Fit Guide and enter your vehicle information to find your match!
Yakima proudly backs all of its products with a "Love It Till You Leave It" Limited Lifetime Warranty!
Browse Yakima's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 12MB PDF Download)
Want to compare this Yakima Ski or Snowboard Rack with their other current models? Use our Yakima ski and snowboard rack comparison chart to highlight some of the key feature differences.