Thule 990XT Doubletrack - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 990XT Doubletrack is a lightweight platform hitch rack with an adjustable center mast design that applies pressure to the bike frame. The Thule 990XT Doubletrack can transport two bikes regardless of frame design, suspension, or wheel size.
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Stinger Swinger hitch adaptor accommodates 2 inch and 1.25 inch receiver hitches
- Foldable center mast's ratchet hooks move independently to grab, hold and stabilize each bike quickly and easily
- Padded arms protect your bike's frame
- Reinforced wheel trays slide independently along platforms to eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Ratcheting wheel strap quickly secures bike wheel to tray
- Hitch Switch quick release level for rapid fold-up storage when not in use
- Fits the widest range of bike sizes and shapes, even cruisers with fenders and tire widths of up to 3"
- Lock rack to vehicle with Thule STL2 hitch lock(included)
- Lock bicycles to rack with 2 Thule One Key lock cylinders to secure bicycles to the carrier(included)
- Some women's, BMX and non-standard bike frames without a horizontal top tube may not work with the Doubletrack
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 46.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021544321
To download the Thule 990XT Doubletrack Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 990XT Doubletrack Reviews
Keith rated this item 4 out of 5 on 12/6/2011:
This rack is very solid and stable and is generally a great rack. Be aware, though, that the locking scheme is pretty much worthless for mountain bikes, particularly dual suspension bikes. Even with the bike fastened down tight, it is a simple matter to slide the tire cradle out from under the tire and drop the bike down to remove it from the locked rack.
Jim rated this item 5 out of 5 on 6/13/2011:
I have owned this rack for two years now and honestly it is the best of all the racks I looked at. The bikes sit level unlike trunk mounted bike racks I ultimately returned and they are secure and stable under almost every circumstance. If I had it all to do over again, Thule it would be.
Cleeker rated this item 5 out of 5 on 6/6/2010:
Excellent product. The collapsible format folds away nicely when not hauling bikes Bikes feel very secure when locked in place.
Thule 990XT Doubletrack Questions
asked on 7/25/2013:
Vehicle: 2007 Acura TL
I wanted to confirm that the product description lists that "Lock rack to vehicle with Thule STL2 hitch lock(included)" and so that the hitch lock is indeed included? This site seems to be the only site that includes the lock if that is the case which would be awesome.
Yes the Thule Doubletrack does include the STL2.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Want to compare this Thule Hitch Mount Bike Rack with their other current models? Use this comparison chart to highlight some of the key feature differences.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.