Thule 971XT Helium 3-bike - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 971XT Helium is an ultra-light aluminum hitch rack bike carrier that is near half the weight of a traditional bike carrier. The Thule 971XT Helium makes installation and removal easier and safely carries three bicycles behind your vehicle.
- Holds up to three bikes, two bikes on a Class I hitch
- No-tool installation, simply load into the hitch receiver and tighten receiver knob
- Narrow cradle arms hold a wider range of bike frames including smaller children's frames
- T3 Cradles hold bikes in place for maximum frame protection and stability
- Patented No-Sway Cage prevents bike-to-bike contact
- Hitch Switch lever tilts carrier from vehicle for trunk, hatch, or tailgate access
- Includes integrated locking cable and receiver lock knob to secure bikes to hitch rack and hitch rack to vehicle
- Hitch adapter included to accommodate 1 1/4" or 2" receivers, no accessory purchase required
- Bike arms fold down when not in use or for storage
- Hitch switch for fold down arms
- Stinger for improved receiver fits and better ground clearance
- Lanyard for receiver pin
- Models: 970 2 bike; fits both 1.25" or 2" receivers 971 3 bike; fits both 1.25" or 2" receivers
- The Helium will not fit a Class I hitch made by Hidden Hitch, Drawtite, or Reese without modification
- For all 1 1/4" hitches, Helium stinger foot must be able to extend 2 5/8" from center of pin hole into receiver hitch without obstruction
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently On Order
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 26.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021879447
To watch our Thule 971XT Helium 3-bike Product Video, click here.
To download the Thule 971XT Helium 3-bike Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 971XT Helium 3-bike Questions
asked on 3/17/2013:
Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Prius V
total bicycle weight limit?
Thule recommends to put no more then 35 lbs. per bike on the carrier. If you have any other questions, feel free to give us a call.
asked on 8/2/2012:
Vehicle: 2006 Honda CRV
We have a rear mounted tire. Will this rack work or do I need a hitch extension?
The 971XT Helium extends 10" from the hitch hole, so if you have that much space, then it will fit, if not, then you will need an extension, which we do not sell or recommend because of tongue weight issues. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Thanks, Rack Attack Boston
asked on 5/18/2012:
Vehicle: 2004 honda civic
I will be having a Sportframe 1 1/4 inch Rec hitch installed on my car. Will this rack fit or will I need some modifications to the hitch.
The helium comes with a 2" adapter installed. All you would have to do is uninstall the adapter to make it work with a 1 1/4" hitch.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 7MB PDF Download)