Thule 917XTR T2 2-Bike Hitch Rack 1-1/4 Inch - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 917XTR T2 Hitch Bike Rack premier platform hitch rack is the fastest to load and remove bikes with minimal lifting for ultimate convenience. It features wheel only contact fitting the widest range of bike styles with security and stability.
- SecureHook™ with integrated cable lock secures the bike without making frame contact
- Hitch Switch™ lever folds and stores platform when not in use or tilts down for rear of vehicle access
- Reinforced tray provides maximum strength and rust-free protection
- Adjustable wheel strap quickly secures back wheel to tray
- Fits 20" to 29" wheel diameter bicycles with up to 3" wide tires
- Accommodates bicycles with disc brakes, thru-axles and other non-traditional frame designs
- Integrated locking cable wraps around bike frame to lock bikes to the hitch rack (One-Key™ lock cylinder included)
- Snug-Tite™ receiver lock virtually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Carries up to 2 bikes: #917XTR fits 1-1/4" receivers only
- Need a 1-1/4" receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 62.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021442214
To watch our Thule 917XTR T2 2-Bike Hitch Rack 1-1/4 Inch Product Video, click here.
To download the Thule 917XTR T2 2-Bike Hitch Rack 1-1/4 Inch Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 917XTR T2 2-Bike Hitch Rack 1-1/4 Inch Questions
asked on 9/9/2012:
does this come with the 2" reciever hitch adapter? if so, what is the extra cost?
No, the 917xtr is for 1.25" hitch receivers only. The 916xtr is designed for 2" hitch receivers. Therefore, you must decide which bike rack you need, as they are not interchangable between the two different hitch sizes.
Thanks, Rack Attack Boston
asked on 8/16/2012:
Vehicle: 2011 Mini Cooper hatchback
what is the main difference between the 917XTR T2 and the less expensive 990XT Doubletrack? I want to carry two large mountain bikes and wondered why the large proce difference...thanks!
The 917xt is a much more versital bike rack. It will allow you to carry all different sizes bike. Anywhere from a 20" to a 29er can be held in the 917xt. Also you don't have to worry about the frames you ride with this bike rack because it grabs the tires and not the frame. Also this bike racks trays can be adjusted where as the 990 can not. Also the 917xt is made of much stronger material.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Want to compare this Thule Hitch Mount Bike Rack with their other current models? Use this comparison chart to highlight some of the key feature differences.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog. (Warning: 7MB PDF Download)