Thule 9042 Helium Aero 2-Bike - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 9042 Helium Aero is nearly half the weight of most hitch racks and is the only ultra-light rack to integrate maximum convenience, bike protection, and security into one sleek aero-design. The Thule 9042 Helium Aero safely carries 2 bikes.
- Holds up to two bikes
- Ultra-light aluminum is nearly half the weight of most hitch racks, for easy handling, installation and removal
- Patented Hold Fast Cradles with RDT (Road Dampening Technology) secure the bike to the rack while absorbing road shock
- No-Sway cages with RDT prevent contact and absorb road shock for frame protection
- Integrated locking cable and AutoAttach lock knob lock the bike to carrier and carrier to vehicle (2 lock cores included)
- Sleek aero-design improves ground-clearance and increases distance between bikes for maximum protection
- No-tool AutoAttach allows you to install and remove the rack from your vehicle quickly and easily
- Snug-Tite Stinger virtually eliminates rack movement by removing space in the receiver
- Hitch Switch allows arms to fold down when not in use and tilts the carrier away for rear of vehicle access
- Fits all 1.25" and 2" receivers with Thule's hitch adapter (included)
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 21.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021722460
To download the Thule 9042 Helium Aero 2-Bike Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 9042 Helium Aero 2-Bike Questions
asked on 5/26/2014:
Vehicle: 2012 Chevrolet Equinox
On the Helium Aero can you tilt the rack with the bikes loaded?
We do not suggest to lower the rack with bikes on, this could damage the rack and the bikes.
asked on 3/12/2014:
Vehicle: 2005 Toyota Camry 4dr
Will this type of rack with for a bike with a step-through (women's) frame? In the past, I have needed to buy a cross bar and then secure, that would not allow the bike with step-through frame to be locked to the carrier. Thank you.
You will need to use the 982XT Frame Adapter to attach a step-through frame. You can usually thread the lock cable through the frame with or without the frame adapter. Thank you.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.