FINAL SALE : Thule 9028 Vertex 2-bike - Thule Hitch Mount Bike Racks
The Thule 9028 Vertex is the 2-bike version of Thule's new hitch racks that feature unique arc design making them easier to load and unload, and providing better ground clearance and greater distance between bikes for easy transport.
- Final Sale items are fully covered by the manufacturer warranty but are not subject to our return policy and may not come in the original packaging. All items are inspected to ensure all parts are present and that item is in like-new condition.
- 2 bike capacity
- The bold new hitch rack with unique arc design for easier bike loading and carrying performance
- Increased mast height for improved ground clearance
- New Hold Fast Cradles cushion bike and provide maximum bike security
- Anti-Sway Cages prevent bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact
- New and improved Hitch Switch folds arms down when not in use and tilts carrier away from vehicle for trunk, hatch or tailgate access
- Integrated handle for easy carrying and handling
- Snug-Tite receiver lock (STL2, sold separately) vitually eliminates hitch rack movement in receiver and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle
- Secure your bikes to the hitch rack with Thule's 6 ft. Braided Steel Cable (538XT, sold separately)
- Fits 1.25" and 2" receivers
- Note: The current Thule 987XT Hitch Ski Carrier will NOT work with this rack
- Non-standard bike frames without a top cross bar may require the use of a frame adapter (sold separately)
- Need a receiver hitch? Try our Curt Hitch Finder (US Customers Only)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 40.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021329959
To watch our FINAL SALE : Thule 9028 Vertex 2-bike Product Video, click here.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
To download the FINAL SALE : Thule 9028 Vertex 2-bike Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
FINAL SALE : Thule 9028 Vertex 2-bike Questions
asked on 9/16/2013:
Vehicle: 2012 Jeep Wrangler hard top
Why wont the hitch ski work with this rack? The dimensions work.
The hitch ski needs to have a 4 bike carrier at minimum to be able to rest on the arms. The 2 bike carrier arms are not long enough to hold the hitch ski. If you would like another solution or would like to look at a 4 bike carrier feel free to contact us directly at 508-879-1444. Thank you.
asked on 4/14/2012:
Vehicle: 2011 Honda Accord
This is my first bike hitch so I hope this isn't a silly question. I have a girls bike with a dipped bar, how does the bike sit on the Vertex 2-bike? All the pics show a mens bike.
To make a step through frame, or any other odd shaped frame you can use the Thule 982XT Frame Adapter. It connects to the seat post and stem of the bike to create a top tube for your bike to rest on. Check it out here:
We've got plenty of them in stock at our store in St Louis Park if you'd like to stop in and pick one up.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.