Thule 834 Hull-a-port - Thule Kayak Racks
The Thule 834 Hull-a-port is a standard J-style cradle that delivers superior carrying performance and protection with its 4-touchpoint adjustable padding and rust resistant steel design.
- Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength and kayak protection
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal
- Wide mouth J-profile offers easier loading and unloading
- Optimally sized J-style carrier leaves roof space for other Thule accessories
- AllSurface rust-resistant coating and hardware for longer product life
- Carries 1 kayak and requires 1 person to load and unload
- 1 to 4 carriers per vehicle
- Includes all straps to transport 1 kayak
- Accommodates kayaks up to 34" wide and 75lbs
- Requires Thule rack systems crossbars, round bars or factory racks
- Requires XADAPT11 (sold separately) to mount to AeroBlades and Xsporter bars
- Primary watercraft: Kayak
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 11.5 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021811478
To download the Thule 834 Hull-a-port Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 834 Hull-a-port Questions
asked on 5/26/2014:
Doesn't seem like these work with the Yakima round bar system. They won't grip the round bar adeqyutely and just slip around the bar. Right?
Yeah round bars make it difficult for the 834 to work without rolling on the bar. We would suggest going with the Yakima Hullraiser. These would work perfectly on your Yakima bars.
asked on 6/17/2012:
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius
Does the Thule 834 hull-a-port come with 2 of the j hooks for the kayak? The other question I have is....will a bike rack also fit next to the kayak on the bars?
Yes, the 834 is sold as a pair. Also, a bike rack will fit next to your kayak depending on the width of your crossbars, but it really shouldn't be an issue. If you have any other questions, feel free to call our Boston location at 508 879 1444. Thanks!
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Compare the various Thule water sport carriers with this handy Kayak, Canoe, and Surf carrier comparison chart.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.