Thule 516 Prologue - Thule Roof Mount Bike Racks
Transport your bicycle quickly and safely with the Thule 516 Prologue, a lockable fork mount bike carrier. The Thule 516 Prologue is the ultimate value in fork mounts, yet still delivers style, sleekness, and most importantly security.
- The Thule 516 Prologue carries 1 bike
- Sleek and stylized high-strength nylon composite mounting head
- Fits all disc/suspension combinations with standard 9mm axles
- Approved carrier for bicycles with carbon fiber forks
- Single-wall aluminum wheel tray supports tire widths up to 2.6 inches wide with high profile rims
- Carries bicycles with a maximum wheelbase up to 48 inches
- Secure locking skewer with intuitive-grasp clamping level, lock cylinder sold separately
- 1 One-Key lock cylinder (sold separately) locks the bike to carrier and carrier to rack
- Fits Thule square and Yakima round crossbars
- Factory rack compatible with Thule 532 Ride-on Adapter, sold separately
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 5.5 lbs.
UPC Code : 091021516175
To download the Thule 516 Prologue Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
Thule 516 Prologue Questions
asked on 10/21/2011:
How does this rack differ from the peleton?
The Prologue uses a 9mm skewer (similar to the one already holding your wheel on) instead of a "clamp" style quick release lever found on the Peloton. The Peloton's clamp style fork allows for quicker and easier installation and removal of the bike from the roof. The other primary differences are primarily aesthetic, as the Peloton also offers a lower profile and sleeker design.
Thule is pleased and very excited to recognize Rack Attack as a Thule 5-Star Dealer because we are "going beyond the borders..." and providing consumers the ultimate point of reference for locating product, service, and support.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Browse through the Thule iPaper Fit Guide to see what solution works.
Not sure if this Thule product fits your vehicle, or current rack? Try our Thule Rack Automated Fit Guide and fill in your vehicle information to see what solution works.
Thule now offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Thule Brand rack systems and all accessories manufactured by Thule.
Browse Thule's entire product line using their Latest Catalog.