RockyMounts TieRod Silver - RockyMounts Roof Mount Bike Racks
The RockyMounts TieRod Silver roof mount bike rack is designed to fit the elliptical, wing shaped crossbars that come stock with your vehicle as well as Thule and Yakima racks. The RockyMounts TieRod Silver has locking capability, sold separately.
- Solid metal head fits factory (elliptical) crossbars like a glove, guaranteed
- Rubber Coated, stainless steel straps snug and cradle the crossbar
- Fits 100% of factory crossbars
- Low profile and streamlined, no need to crank up the music to drown out a noisy car rack
- Fits bikes with disc brakes as well as standard brakes
- Can be locked with RockyMounts lock cores,1 lock for the skewer to lock the bike on, and another on the head of the rack to lock the mount to the bar (sold separately)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 7.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 186135000662
To download the RockyMounts TieRod Silver Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
RockyMounts TieRod Silver Reviews
OTP rated this item 5 out of 5 on 7/7/2011:
I have two of the TieRods and two Thule Echelons on top of my VW factory accessory crossbars. I've used the Echelons for about 3 years. The Tierods are about 2months old but have seen alot of use already this summer. The Tierod is without a doubt a far superior rack. It installs/adjusts positions/removes in under two minutes. Use a cordless driver to turn the hexbolt. There's no rattle (like the Thule) and the bikes are rock solid. I highly recommend the tierod over the Thule Echelon.
Rocky Mounts accessories are built to fit a wide variety of Thule, Yakima, stock factory, and other rack systems. All you need is two crossbars!