RockyMounts TieRod Black - RockyMounts Roof Mount Bike Racks
The RockyMounts TieRod Black roof mount bike rack is designed to fit the elliptical, wing shaped crossbars that come stock with your vehicle as well as Thule and Yakima racks. The RockyMounts TieRod Black has locking capability, sold separately.
- Solid metal head fits factory (elliptical) crossbars like a glove, guaranteed
- Rubber Coated, stainless steel straps snug and cradle the crossbar
- Fits 100% of factory crossbars
- Low profile and streamlined, no need to crank up the music to drown out a noisy car rack
- Fits bikes with disc brakes as well as standard brakes
- Can be locked with RockyMounts lock cores,1 lock for the skewer to lock the bike on, and another on the head of the rack to lock the mount to the bar (sold separately)
Stock Status : Currently In Stock
**Stock status is to be used as a general guide to current inventory. Availability is not guaranteed.
Dimensional Weight : 7.0 lbs.
UPC Code : 186135000655
To watch our RockyMounts TieRod Black Product Video, click here.
To download the RockyMounts TieRod Black Installation Instructions in PDF format, click here. If you are having problems opening the PDF in your browser, please right click here and save link/target on your computer and then open it. To download Acrobat Reader click here.
RockyMounts TieRod Black Reviews
Billrated this item 5 out of 5 on 4/9/2010:
I just received my rack today, and put it on in the parking lot in 5 minutes. I love how it grips the factory rack on my P5. It allows me to still use the sunroof which the Yakima Forklift would not. Very stable and sleek. Didn't pick up much wind noise at all. The only thing I have to do (not a fault of the rack) is I have to cut about 2 inches off the end so it doesn't hit the hatch when I open it. I've already checked all my bikes and none of them will go off the end even with it shorter.
RockyMounts TieRod Black Questions
asked on 5/8/2012:
Vehicle: 2003 mazda protoge5
What is the maximum tire width for this rack?
RockyMounts lists this as fitting up to a 2.7" tire.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Rocky Mounts accessories are built to fit a wide variety of Thule, Yakima, stock factory, and other rack systems. All you need is two crossbars!